Now Accepting Applications for Two Postdoctoral Positions: Training and mentoring the next generation of scientists to advance the understanding and treatment of genetic epilepsies.
EpiMVP announces two competitive, two-year postdoctoral fellowships, starting in Fall 2021 for training in Project 1, 2, or 3 with full access to the Research Cores. Successful applicants will be required to apply for funding through other mechanisms for additional years of training. Trainees will present their research at the EpiMVP annual meeting and at AES. The Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research Education and Mentoring Group (https://michr.umich.edu/) will provide multidisciplinary education, career development, and mentoring programs for EpiMVP scholars.
Applicants with a particular interest in any of the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply
– Induced pluripotent stem cells: Differentiation to 2D and 3D neuronal models of epilepsy and associated neurodevelopmental disorders
– Genomic data and computational analysis: Single-cell sequencing technologies and machine learning algorithms to interpret genetic variants
– Development of rodent or zebrafish models of genetic epilepsy
How to apply:
Please email a single PDF document to Ashley Galloway (firstname.lastname@example.org) containing:
1. A cover letter stating your interest in EpiMVP
2. Your CV
3. The names of three references
Please also request letters from your three references to be sent to Ashley Galloway (email@example.com).
Deadline for application: June 1, 2021